Competing recipe in the second ERRE DE VIC CUM LAUDE Gastronomy Awards
Jordi Vidal Turmo LLEIDA CATERING AND TOURISM SCHOOL
Preparation of a roll of ERRE cured-cooked ham
- First emulsify the cream with the cream cheese, a pinch of salt and a little pepper and put it to one side in a pastry hose. To make the rolls, cut some thin slices of ERRE cured-cooked ham and make a rectangle 4 cm × 3 cm in size. Fill them with cream cheese with the hose.
Preparation of the muscatel reduction
- Boil the muscatel together with the sugar.
Preparation of the caramelized pineapple with the muscovado sugar
- First heat and caramelize the sugar. Then add the butter and the pineapple chopped into 1cm x 1cm cubes. Once it is well-impregnated with sugar, take it off the heat.
Preparation of the bread sachets
- • Knead all the ingredients together and spread them out very thinly until 1mm thick, cut into squares and boil for 210ºC for about 3 minutes.
Preparation of the smooth cherry sauce
- Emulsify some of the cream cheese with the cherries. Then strain it and put it to one side.
- Now you have the different components of the dish in a harmonious form, giving prominence to the rolls of ERRE cured-cooked ham. To finish, decorate it with the natural cherry and some basil sprouts to give a fresh touch to the dish.