Competing recipe in the second ERRE DE VIC CUM LAUDE Gastronomy Awards
Ferran Martínez Estruga, Osona Catering School
Preparation of the fresh pasta
- Put all the ingredients in the mixer and knead them into a ball. Wrap it in film and leave for 1 hour in the fridge.
Preparation of the filling
- Brown the chopped onion with the butter. Once it is brown, add the boiled ham, very finely-chopped.
- Once the ham has been browned, add the single cream and the cream cheese.
- Boil and remove from the heat. Add the yolks and emulsify thoroughly. Add salt and pepper. Place in a bowl in the fridge and allow to cool.
Preparation of the cream of onion
- Once it is cooked, add the broth and boil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the single cream and mash. Pass the sauce through a fine-mesh strainer.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Stretch the pasta to 2 mm and cut it with a round pasta-cutter. Spread a beaten egg yolk over half of the pasta and fill. Close the ravioli to form a crescent. Blanch them in boiling water for 10 seconds and cool them with water and ice.
- Blanch the ravioli in boiling water for 20 seconds and place them on the dish in the shape of a fan. Season with the roast onion sauce and sprinkle parmesan cheese over them.