Erre Cum Laude Finalist Recipe
Javier Duarte, Catering School of Castelldefels.
- First bone the chicken, reserving the skin. Remove the nerves and reserve the meat.
- Prepare the chicken stock by roasting the chicken bones and the vegetable mirepoix, desglaze with the white wine, leave to reduce and add the water. Boil for one hour.
- Brunoise the ham, nuts, dried fruits and remaining ingredients and, last of all, the fresh spinach.
- Stuff the chicken with this mixture and tie it with the twine, giving it a cylindrical shape.
- Cut the Erre cured cooked ham into one or two 3-mm-thick slices, and wrap around the whole stuffed chicken, as if making a cannellone.
- Cover the whole with the chicken skin and season with salt and pepper. Roast until evenly browned. Finish cooking in the oven with a little stock, for about 6 or 7 minutes.
- Lastly, make the rice. Brunoise the onion and fry gently. Carefully add the mushrooms, a little garlic and the grated tomato. Add the rice, mix well with the fried vegetables and gradually add the stock, stirring constantly. Slowly add the cream and then the cheese. Adjust seasoning.
- Cut the cooked chicken into thick slices.
- Form some risotto quenelles and place them in the middle of the plate. Arrange the chicken slices on top and garnish with some crisped spinach leaves. For the final touch, drizzle with virgin olive oil. Your guests will be pleasantly surprised by this recipe!