1st Edition 2008 of Erre Reciptes Competition. Finalist recipe.
Rosa Ma.Rodergas i Capdevila, BARCELONA
- First make the caramel by heating the sugar for 6 minutes on full heat. When cool, pour the caramel into the terrine mould* and line the mould with the slices of COOKED HAM, letting the ends hang over the edge.
- Beat the egg with a little salt and the milk, then soak the slices of bread in this mixture.
- Fill the mould with layers of bread, cheese and COOKED HAM, using the overhanging ends of COOKED HAM as the final layer.
- Microwave on full power for 5 minutes. Turn out on to a serving dish and garnish with finely chopped lettuce.
- *Use a bread-tin shape mould.
Cooking time for the caramel: about 6 minutes
Cooking time for the terrine: 5 minutes in the microwave (temperature 150º)